Messenger and Mission
Messenger and News
Each week the Cathedral publishes a Messenger which gives the Order of Service and announcements. The most recent version (September 15 2019) is here. Some of the news mentioned in the Messenger is also available on the Calendar page.
Here is a link to a video from Faith in the Public Square Conference held at the Church of St. Mary the Virgin on Saturday 3 June, 2017. Here are images of a logo and a crest introduced at the conference: Logo Crest
The full Cathedral's Mission Statement is here in pdf format; the main paragraph appears below.
The final parish mission statement approved by the Cathedral Vestry in June 2017 is as follows.
The mission of the Cathedral Parish of St. John the Baptist is to proclaim and celebrate the gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, example, and action, recognizing its location in the heart of St. John’s and
its responsibility as the Cathedral of the Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador. The Cathedral Parish will, by the Grace of God:
● Foster faith development in every person seeking to explore their relationship with God;
● Provide vibrant and liturgically-sound worship experiences that embrace its rich musical tradition and cathedral setting;
● Deliver ministry and outreach that meets people’s needs;
● Preserve Anglican heritage and tradition of Newfoundland and Labrador and honour Anglican relationships to historic sites and events; and
● Facilitate Diocesan ministry reflected through the Cathedral.