Location: The Cathedral is located in the historic downtown section of St. John's, at 16 Church Hill, though the main entrances to attend services are on Gower Street between Church Hill and Cathedral Street. (more information here)
For details about services, times of daily services, and events, For more details please see the Calendar. For general information about services, please see Services. From September to June, information about the music at the choral services is here.
Proposed Annex: There were two congregational meetings in September 2017 to discuss the proposed Annex. The pictures presented at the first meeting are here. At the second meeting, ideas for the interior arrangement of space were presented. The revised interior views, completed on 10 October 2017, are here.
Updates: The information on these pages is updated frequently. The last update was on Sunday 18 November 2018.
General Information: The Cathedral is the mother church of the Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador in the Anglican Province of Canada (Atlantic Canada and most of Quebec), which is in turn part of the Anglican Church of Canada. Rebuilt following the Great Fire of 1892 according to its original design, the Cathedral is a stunning example of neo-Gothic architecture and is home to an awe-inspiring Casavant pipe organ. (Text continues below the picture of the chancel and organ.)
For most of the year the Cathedral offers five services each Sunday, and a further four weekday services. Most of the Sunday services are based on traditional liturgies from the Book of Common Prayer, and one or two of these are with choir. (In the summer, there is no service at 7 pm.)
Founded in 1699 as a parish church, and consecrated as a Cathedral in 1850, this is the oldest Anglican establishment in Canada. Our parish family serves the needs of a diverse downtown community in a growing city, while attracting people from all of St. John's and the neighbouring communities. We invite you to become part of our spiritual home.
Here is the Cathedral logo, a computer-generated image of the west end.